Sunday, July 24, 2011

IP Travel Kits


Travel kits for IP-ers.
            The One-Shot. This is small enough to fit in my jacket pocket, and ladies have even more options. It’s for brief outings like the theatre, restaurants, etc, and an emergency in case of an unexpected leak. I haven’t had to use it yet.
            Contents are in a zip-lock bag with one each: catheter, packet of lube, 2x2 gauze pad, 1/3 sanitary pad, folded paper towel, hand sanitizer, paper tape, large spring-type paper clip to hold my shirt out of the way.
            The Day-Tripper. This is the one that is always with me in my vehicle. A small camera bag is ideal; a small fanny-pack works fine.
            Contents: 4 each of catheter, lube, gauze, pad. One hand sanitizer, clip, a couple of small zip-lock bags for disposal if needed. Two folded paper towels.
            The One-Weeker. A soft computer case with 50 catheters (packed at the last minute – few of us have that many extra) and matching numbers of lube packets, a sleeve of cotton rounds, a full roll of paper tape, a liter of sterile saline or your favorite irrigation fluid, syringe and fluid container, paper towels, about 10 absorbent pads, a few zip-lock bags, hand sanitizer and shirt-holding paper clip. I pack a large (24” x 30”) disposable pad in case of a night-time leak at a hotel or someone else’s home.
            Next week’s blog: emergency kits for the compulsive.

1 comment:

  1. I keep a zip lock bag with a catheter and lube in all my relatives car glove box,also an empty water bottle, and cath in that when I am traveling ,so I dont have to be stopping all the time.I drink so much water to keep from clogging

    ReplyDelete