Sunday, July 31, 2011

Emergency IP kits for the compulsive


Emergency kits for the compulsive IP-er
            If you’re a worry-wart like me or a survivalist you might consider these extra kits.
            For the emergency automobile trunk backpack: in addition to the fire extinguisher, first aid kit, flashlight, emergency blanket, a few bottles of water and food bars and whatever else you’ll think you’ll need when stranded in an hours-long traffic jam, or worse, we IP-ers have some special needs. I keep the equivalent of the Day-Tripper (see last week’s blog) in the trunk backpack.
            Bug-Out-Bag: Survivalists know all about this. Our Southern California family has had to evacuate in minutes because of wildfires and we each have a backpack with water, food bars, first aid kit, cash, extra clothing, etc. Now I have IP supplies as well. My IP B.O.B. contains enough supplies for four days, about half the contents of the One-Weeker.
            I rotate all my perishable supplies and my catheters, gel and saline every six months – January and July. That way, nothing gets wasted but we’ll be ready the next time a fire roars up the canyon behind our home. Your catastrophe could be a flood, hurricane or tornado. Not being able to pee might also be a catastrophe.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment